Start your adventure. Plus find out what you need to know to get you to the 2019 finish line with great training tips, race day logistics and a Q&A session. RVSP via the link below.
Get started by meeting Coast to Coast champion Steve Gurney a TEAM CP Coach and guest speakers coming to a Kathmandu store near you.
- LEARN ABOUT THE ART OF MULTI-SPORT
- GET TRAINING TIPS & ADVICE
- RACE DAY LOGISTICS
- Q&A SESSION
- MEET OTHER FIRST-TIMERS
- Tauranga: Monday 21 May, 5.30pm Kathmandu, 94 Elizabeth Street
- Panel includes; Steve Gurney, Glen Currie, Richard Greer, Sophie Jaggs
- Auckland: Tuesday 22 May 6pm Kathmandu, 151 Queens Street
- Panel includes; Steve Gurney, Glen Currie, Richard Greer, Carolyn Arthur, Brit Chambers
- Wellington: Wednesday 23 May, 6pm Kathmandu, 1 Willis Street
- Panel includes; Steve Gurney, Glen Currie, Richard Greer, Kathryn Bunckenburg
- Nelson: Thursday 24 May, 6pm Kathmandu, 50 Achilles Ave
- Panel includes; Steve Gurney, Penny Watson, Elina Ussher
- Dunedin: Monday 28 May, 6pm Kathmandu, 144 Great King Street
- Panel includes; Steve Gurney, Glen Currie, Penny Watson, Shannon Edgar
- Timaru: Tuesday 29 May, 6pm, Kathmandu, 307 Stafford Street
- Panel includes; Steve Gurney, Glen Currie, Penny Watson, Simone Faulkner
- Christchurch: Wednesday 30 May 6pm Kathmandu, Tower Junction
- Panel includes; Steve Gurney, Glen Currie, Penny Watson
Here’s your chance to learn from the experts and get a HUGE head start on your training. Steve Gurney and TEAM CP coaches will run specific practical skills session at locations below. Please note for Auckland there are 2 sessions, one kayak specific and one cycling specific.
There’s a wise saying: “to finish first,… first you must finish” You can be the fittest athlete in the race but if you don’t have the skills needed for this fantastic race, you’re unlikely to even make it to the finish line. We’ll teach you how to develop the best skills you can whilst also getting fit, so you you can replace nerves and anxiety with confidence and knowledge that you’re using your valuable training time to maximum efficiency.
How to use local environs and features in your town to train for rock-running proprioception, foot-eye coordination, balance and speed.
Foundation Running Technique
This will give you the fundamentals of how to run properly and therefore decrease the chance of injury and improve your efficiency.
Technique drills for efficiency, stability, and swim prevention!
Bunch riding confidence; small bunches, large bunches, how it works, why it works, what to expect in the Kathmandu Coast to Coast, safety, communication, etiquette and rules.
What to bring
All the gear that you need for either running, kayaking or biking or all three if you are an individual competitor. Make sure that you bring clothing for the conditions and plenty of enthusiasm! The skills session cost $30 + booking fee and you can register via the links below.
Be dressed and ready to go at 7am sharp with your kayak and bike off the car.
Tauranga: Tuesday 22 May 7-9am Sulphur Point Boat Ramp, 42 Cross Road REGISTER NOW
Auckland Kayak: Wednesday 23 May 7-9am Wero Whitewater Park Kayak session only REGISTER NOW **please note you can only book one Auckland session, either Kayak or Cycle & Run you can't book both
Auckland Cycle & Run: Wednesday 23 May 7-9am Wero Whitewater Park Cycle & Run session only REGISTER NOW **please note you can only book one Auckland session, either Kayak or Cycle & Run you can't book both
Wellington: Thursday 24 May 7-9am Meet Evans Bay Parade and Cobham Drive corner, Marina carpark, Kilbirnie/Evans Bay REGISTER NOW
Nelson: Friday 25 May 7-9am The Boat ramp at Tasman Bay Cruising club, Akersten Street REGISTER NOW
Dunedin: Thursday 29 May 7-9am Playground carpark, Shore St. Anderson’s Bay REGISTER NOW
Timaru: Wednesday 30 May 7-9am Centennial Park, The lake Carpark, Centennial Park Drive REGISTER NOW
Christchurch: Thursday 31 May 7-9am Moncks Bay Yatch Club (opposite Cliff St, on the way to Sumner Beach) REGISTER NOW