Begin your Coast to Coast adventure.
Get started by meeting Coast to Coast champion Steve Gurney and coach Richard Greer – coming to a Kathmandu store near you.
- LEARN HOW TO GET INTO MULTI-SPORT
- GET ADVICE ON NUTRITION
- GET TRAINING TIPS
- MEET OTHER FIRST-TIMERS
- SPOT PRIZES FROM CHIA & PROPER CRISPS
- Auckland: Monday 15 May 5.30pm Kathmandu, 151 Queens Street
- Rotorua: Tuesday 16 May 5.30pm Kathmandu, 1266 Tutanekai Street
- Napier: Thursday 18 May 5.30pm Kathmandu, West Point Plaza Tenancy 1&3, Cnr Dickens & Hasting Street
- Wellington: Friday 19 May 5.30pm Kathmandu, State Insurance Tower, 1 Willis Street
- Nelson: Monday 22 May 5.30pm Kathmandu, 50 Achilles Avenue
- Greymouth: Tuesday 23 May 5.30pm Greymouth High School, Main Library, High Street
- Christchurch: Wednesday 24 May 5.30pm Kathmandu Head Office, 223 Tuam Street
- Dunedin: Monday 29 May 5.30pm Kathmandu 144 Great King Street
Click here to find your nearest Kathmandu store
Here’s your chance to learn from the experts and get a HUGE head start on your training.
Steve and Richard will run a specific practical skills session, the morning after the info nights at each town.
There’s a wise saying: “to finish first,… first you must finish” You can be the fittest athlete in the race but if you don’t have the skills needed for this fantastic course, you’re unlikely to even make it to the finish line. We’ll teach you how to develop the best skills you can whilst also getting fit, so you you can replace nerves and anxiety with confidence and knowledge that you’re using your valuable training time to maximum efficiency.
How to use local environs and features in your town to train for rock-running proprioception, foot-eye coordination, balance and speed.
Foundation Running Technique
This will give you the fundamentals of how to run properly and therefore decrease the chance of injury and improve your efficiency.
Technique drills for efficiency, stability, and swim prevention!
Bunch riding confidence; small bunches, large bunches, how it works, why it works, what to expect in the Kathmandu Coast to Coast, safety, communication, etiquette and rules.
What to bring
All the gear that you need for either running, kayaking or biking or all three if you are an individual competitor. Make sure that you bring clothing for the conditions and plenty of enthusiasm! The Skills session costs $30 and you can register via the links below.
Be dressed and ready to go at 7am sharp with your kayak and bike off the car.
Dunedin: Tuesday 30 May 7-9am Playground carpark, Shore St. Anderson’s Bay REGISTER NOW