The Kathmandu Coast to Coast Academy has been designed to support a range of different initiatives to foster participation in the event, from charitable, social and school programs to the future stars the Academy brings these groups and supports together under one recognisable banner.
2018 Kathmandu Academy Recipients
School Summit Academy
St Thomas of Canterbury College
Adult Basecamp Academy
Scott Weatherall from Dunedin
Roland Eveleens from Christchurch
School's Summit Academy
Kathmandu is encouraging high schools and sports clubs nationwide to nominate a three person team for the chance to receive the ultimate package for New Zealand’s leading multi-sport event - the gruelling 2019 Kathmandu Coast to Coast.
First place prize for the School's Summit Academy;
- Prize is awarded to one team only
- Kathmandu gear to the maximum value of REG$1,000 per team
- One Free entry into the NZSSSC sanctioned 2018 Kathmandu Coast to Coast Schools Two Day team event (3 person team). One team member will compete in the run, one the bike and the other the kayak section. The race is held on the 8 and 9 February 2019
- Free camping spot at Kumara Junction for team members and support crew on the night of 7 February 2019
- Free camping spot at Klondyke corner for team members and support crew on the night of the 8 February 2019
- Free coaching and mentoring, organised by Ultimate Event Productions with Steve Gurney for the team
- Support for one team member in finding a suitable Grade Two white water Kayak course
- Support for one team member in finding a suitable bicycle for training for and competing in the 2019 Kathmandu Coast to Coast
- Use of 1 x Barracuda Enigma Kayak for training for and during the event, including Rasdex PFD, and Rasdex Deck
HOW TO APPLY
Adult's Basecamp Academy
Additional to the School's Summit Academy, Kathmandu are supporting an Adult Basecamp Academy. The Basecamp Academy is being set up to provide support to a range of groups or individuals who would otherwise not be able to compete or have a special circumstances.
HOW TO APPLY